Monday, December 1, 2008

Super Late New Australian Music Time.

War Coward
By Fire! Santa Rosa, Fire!

Fire! Santa Rosa, Fire! have an awesome name and are from the awesome city of Adelaide. The song came from the band members love of WW2 rather than any recent war atrocities. My favorite part is how the guitar part seems to sound like its a totally different song with totally different timing.

Flippers
By Art Vs. Science

Art Vs. Science, or AVS for short, are from somewhere in New South Wales and could very well be the next Presets. I'm not entirely convinced about their credentials as scientists, but they can rock a fine beat, so I guess they bring the art. This is also the 2nd or 3rd best song about dancing like a fish. That I can think of at the moment at least. Well.. I like it better than the salmon dance at least.

My Sun
By The Temper Trap

This one is actually a little older, but the Temper Trap have recently released their first album so I dont think its cheating to add it here. They also follow the great Australian tradition of having their early stuff be VASTLY different to what eventually ends up on the album (I'm still pissed at Expatriate.... why no killer cat damn you!), but their album is actually pretty nice too, so I'm sure I'll live.

No comments: