Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I didn't know what to pick so I just picked some songs. Uninspired, I know.

Decent Days and Nights
By The Futureheads

When I first heard this song I wasn't really a fan. I think they'd kinda came on the scene around the same time as Maximo Park and I my eyes couldn't really hold a candle to them. However... Cut to 2 weeks ago and something triggers in my head that reminds me of this song and BAM! I haven't been able to stop humming it even since. Their new song for their forth coming album "Beginning of the twist" is also rather awesome, but I haven't got a copy of that one yet.
The best line is "This is a brand new problem, a problem without any clues...." I bust out with it when James asks me a question... Just to piss him off.

Burn Faster
By Nine Black Alps

Nine Black Alps were the new Libertines for me. There first album was unbelievably awesome and it's a crying shame that hardly anybody listened to it. Their follow up album, which this song is from hasn't gripped me and shook me violently like the first one did, but this song has definitely grown on me.

The Kelly Affair
By Be Your Own Pet

I couldn't think of anything else so I just got something from the latest thing I got. I always thought this song was by Operator Please, and was a song about the Valley here in Brisbane. They are in fact from Nashville, Tennessee and therefore this is actually country music.

No comments: