Sunday, October 12, 2008

A band I've seen live, one I want to see live, and one maybe I don't.

Morning Light
By Sparkadia

I can't remember the first time I saw these guys, but I know I've seen them at least twice now supporting different bands. I'm pretty that both times they were actually better than the headliners. So, I was hanging out for them to finally release an album. They did earlier this year and I wasn't disappointed.

This was their first single. They changed some stuff (totally unnecessarily in my opinion) for the recorded version but it's still pretty cool.

Jackie Cooper
By Little Red

I haven't seen Little Red play yet, but they are on the top of my list. Who would've thought that barbershop would make a mighty return like this?

I don't really have much to say about this song, coz the song pretty much speaks for itself, but it is by far one of the best aussie songs I've heard this year.

Five On The Five
By The Raconteurs/Saboteurs

The Raconteurs (know as The Saboteurs in Australia) are an American supergroup consisting of Jack White, Brendan Benson and two other guys I can't remember off the top of my head. This song is off their second album, Consolers Of The Lonely.

I'm still unsure if I wanna see these guys live. Like this song rocks out, and so do a lot of their other ones, but so do The White Stripes and seeing them at the Big Day Out almost ruined it for me. They were just kinda boring on stage, not as boring as Kings of Leon (now there's a band that was ruined for me) but after Franz Ferdinand blew me away I was expecting so much more.

Regardless.... Good song. Listen.

No comments: